What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words "you have cancer”?
This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s new research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
The study is open to anyone who:
- Is between 30 and 65 years old
- Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
– Study participant
Enrollment is free and will take place at several locations in Union County. See the below for dates and locations.
To schedule your appointment, scroll down and find the enrollment location most convenient for you and click on the name of the location.
- Read and sign an informed consent form
- Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors related to your health.
- Have your waist circumference measured
- Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit – 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be drawn by a trained, certified phlebotomist.
Upon completion of these steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
For more information, visit cancer.org/cps3 or call toll free at 1-800-227-2345.